Since it is Monday today I decided to simply do a blog post about what I am thankful for. These past few months have been full of ups and Downs that I sometimes tend to keep focusing on the negative moments that I have had more, than on the positive moments that I have experienced. Being thankful is mostly something that we think about in November for Thanksgiving, but I try to think every month what I am thankful for; but honestly I do forget sometimes. So here are five things that I am thankful for:
1. I’m thankful for having a loving boyfriend who loves me for who I am and respects me. It was not a love at first sight, it was more of like a love that happened unexpectedly but in a good way.
2. My family and friends, even though I have not had the chance to go visit my family in Orange County, California, I do miss them a lot. Calling my mom and my twin sister helps though. I also miss my friends a lot and hopefully someday I can see them again.
3. Having a job is another thing that I am thankful for. I used to struggle looking for a job in which I can support myself financially with out relying on my parents a lot. Having a job as a CNA has helped me understand the value of helping others.
4. Loving my unique self and accepting my natural beauty is something that I am truly thankful for because there have been times in my life while growing up that I have felt insecure about myself, and my physical image. I have also struggled with my self-confidence, I used to listen and take to heart what everyone thought about me, to the point that I would let everyone’s negative comments affect me in negative way.
5. Continuing with my higher education is another thing that I am thankful for because coming Mexican immigrant parents, I have learned the value of having an education and working hard towards my dreams and goals is something to be proud of in life. My parents we’re not so fortunate enough to get a college degree because they had to work to provide for themselves and their families so my parents have always instilled me and my siblings to work hard and to never give up on our own dreams and goals no matter how challenging it may seem. I want to have a career in writing, so it is something that I am working on right now, and even though it may seem challenging I do not want to give up in my goal of publishing a novel someday.