Since it is Monday today I decided to simply do a blog post about what I am thankful for. These past few months have been full of ups and Downs that I sometimes tend to keep focusing on the negative moments that I have had more, than on the positive moments that I have experienced. Being thankful is mostly something that we think about in November for Thanksgiving, but I try to think every month what I am thankful for; but honestly I do forget sometimes. So here are five things that I am thankful for:
1. I’m thankful for having a loving boyfriend who loves me for who I am and respects me. It was not a love at first sight, it was more of like a love that happened unexpectedly but in a good way.
2. My family and friends, even though I have not had the chance to go visit my family in Orange County, California, I do miss them a lot. Calling my mom and my twin sister helps though. I also miss my friends a lot and hopefully someday I can see them again.
3. Having a job is another thing that I am thankful for. I used to struggle looking for a job in which I can support myself financially with out relying on my parents a lot. Having a job as a CNA has helped me understand the value of helping others.
4. Loving my unique self and accepting my natural beauty is something that I am truly thankful for because there have been times in my life while growing up that I have felt insecure about myself, and my physical image. I have also struggled with my self-confidence, I used to listen and take to heart what everyone thought about me, to the point that I would let everyone’s negative comments affect me in negative way.
5. Continuing with my higher education is another thing that I am thankful for because coming Mexican immigrant parents, I have learned the value of having an education and working hard towards my dreams and goals is something to be proud of in life. My parents we’re not so fortunate enough to get a college degree because they had to work to provide for themselves and their families so my parents have always instilled me and my siblings to work hard and to never give up on our own dreams and goals no matter how challenging it may seem. I want to have a career in writing, so it is something that I am working on right now, and even though it may seem challenging I do not want to give up in my goal of publishing a novel someday.
Hello Everyone, 🙂
My first flight was amazing it was was unlike being in an airplane where you know where you are going, you know your destination.
This type if flight is more than amazing, it is enchanting; it is what I always dreamed it would be. I feel the cool breeze touch my curly wild hair not wanting to tame it, it moves wildly with the dancing of the wind. My heart beats wildly with unknown anticipation at where I will end up visiting.
It is my one adventure that I will never forget. I wildness inside me as it makes me realize that this flight is changing me in so many ways; it is helping me grow as I spread my wings high in the clouds of dreams and magic. I used to be afraid of flying on my own, and spreading my wings into the unknown, but with the help of dear friends and family, I have learned to see the beauty of flying and to explore the unknown.
There is this cave I found
In the middle of the shining lake
I can see its reflection
Smiling down at me.
Its a cave unlike any other,
I go inside it where there is no darkness,
Where there is no sadness, and coldness
All around me there are images of dreams.
Dreams that make up me and you.
This cave of dreams will never fade,
It will always be here for me, for you.
Princess Ariana woke up from a bad dream she has been dreaming of for a few days now.
It was a dream oddly real and vivid to her that she felt she was in it. So she decided to go tell her Father King Aranaus about her dream.
Ariana, the mermaid most highly admired by everyone for her rare gift of erasing evil and bad dreams seemed to somehow struggle with erasing this dream that has been bothering her.
“Father i have something i want to tell you.” She gazed at her Father worried at what he might say.
“What is it my dear?” He was busy in his room coming up with possible solutions on the extiction of dragon seahorses.
“Its an odd dream that has been happening to me for a few days. It scares me because it is so vivid and real that i have tried many times to shut it out and use my gift to destroy the dream, somehow i cannot. It keeps on coming to me strangely as if it keeps on haunting me during my sleep.
King Araneus looked alarmed upon hearing this from his own daughter
Hello Everyone! 🙂
You might all be wondering why I titled my new post, “My Dreams are Shattered,” well I want to share with you guys a personal experience that I had when I was 15 years old and a Sophomore in high school, well my biggest dream was to be an actress because I always thought that acting out any different character and just being someone else, and reading story scripts was so fun and interesting to me that I did not think about becoming anything else, but an actress. I started taking a theater class in my Sophomore year to start learning the ins and outs of acting and theater. I can truly say that I did gain some valuable acting experience but I was so stubborn, on not realizing that a career in acting was not available for me right now, much less having parents who would not be able to support me financially. I had the wonderful experience of going to an acting and modeling audition that John Casablanca’s did, which is an acting and modeling school. I eventually got called back because the judges told me that I had potential to be an actress, but that I needed to take acting classes in their school in order to get the professional experience that I needed.
When they explained to my parents about the expensive costs of the classes, my parents quickly explained to me that I couldn’t take go to that school because it was too expensive, and they do not give financial help. Seriously I felt at that moment that my dream went shattering down. I tried convincing that acting is the career I want to do because I was deeply passionate about it, not because I wanted to be famous like Selena Gomez, but because it seemed fun and interesting. Despite my parent’s disapproval of me doing acting as a career I still took theater classes in high school and in college but later on I realized that my parents were right. Acting was just not my career, Jesus Christ has something in store for me much better. I might go back to acting in the future, but for right now I am going to focus on my writing because I know that I can easily do a career right now that is accessible and conveniently available to me right now. I am not going to give up on my life just because I could not realize my big dream of acting. I still like acting, I will see if in the future God brings to me that profession again.
Reading a small prayer brought me thinking back about that experience I went through, I hope this prayer also helps you find your purpose and profession in life with the help of God.
My Dream is Shattered
To the loving God
Who cares about my dreams:
Bless and restore me.
In my disappointment and
Help me remember
That you have a future full of
Hope for me.
Give me a new dream.
-(The Catholic Youth Prayer Book)